This is a very small representation of the many folk sites on the net. Most of these sites will take you to far more comprehensive listings of folk clubs, artists’ sites, and festivals. Folk covers a very wide range of art forms and entertainments, so please explore. There’s bound to be something near you.
- Folk Alliance Australia
- Woodford Folk Festival (QLD)
- Cobargo Folk Festival (NSW)
- Cygnet Folk Festival (TAS)
- Port Fairy Folk Festival (VIC)
- Kiwifolk (NZ)
- Fairbridge Folk Festival (WA)
- Some Folk in Braidwood (NSW)
- Illawarra Folk Festival (NSW)
- State Folk Centre of South Australia
- Yackandandah Folk Festival (VIC)
- Folk Victoria
- Melbourne Folk Club
- Forrest Hotel & Apartments
The Monaro Folk Society site has more listings, as does the Folk Federation of NSW. The Boite in Melbourne is a great venue. Or look at the Folk Rag or Dirty Linen or Living Tradition magazines. Or a terrific magazine celebrating Australian folk culture, community and creativity Trad and Now. How about buying folk CDs fromCeltic Southern Cross or Indie CDS. The disappearing guest from 2002 – Geordie McGargle. Or Graham McDonald’s (past Program Manager and world renowned Instrument Maker) own Web Site?