WORKSHOP PRESENTERS – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interest are now open for arts workshop facilitators for the 2018 National Folk Festival, to be held in Canberra from 29 March – 2 April (the Easter long weekend).
Community Arts is a vibrant arts precinct within the Festival that welcomes all Festival attendees to get creative, participate and experience the wide range of activities on offer. Community Arts is open each day from 9am – 5pm.
We are looking for experienced artisans and facilitators to contribute to our bustling Community Arts Program by leading exciting new workshops at the Festival in 2018. We would love to hear from creative folk who are able to share their skills with our keen attendees.
For the first time we are also opening up this program to our talented volunteer base. What a great way to experience the Festival, leading small groups in a workshop format and sharing your creative knowledge, in exchange for a ticket to enjoy the full Festival experience!
HOW IT WORKS
- Community Arts is located outside on a large grassy area near the main entry gate.
- The Festival sets up large marquees for workshops, fitted with trestle table and chairs.
- Festival volunteers manage the booking of workshops and take payments.
- Workshop participants are charged a small fee to assist in covering costs. In the past this has been $15 for an Introductory workshop of 1.5 hours, and $20 for an advanced skills workshop of 2 hours.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Workshop facilitators need to provide any materials and tools required for the workshop.
- The Festival provides 15amp power, but any power equipment used must be tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
- When workshop facilitators arrive, they are met by Comm Arts volunteers and directed to their workshop space. They then present their fabulous workshop in a lively, welcoming and supportive manner!
Please find an Expression of Interest form here – 2018 Community Arts EOI (pdf)
Please return this form form is required to be completed and returned by 19 October, 2017 to [email protected] or PO Box 179, Mitchell ACT 2911.
Any further queries can be directed to the the above email or by calling Jayne Simon on 02 6262 4792.